Friday, October 28, 2011

Things I'll have on Tuesday:

It took me a bit to decide on what I would have due on Tuesday, but I eventually decided that I was just going to continue to attempt to catch up to my calendar schedule.

While I doubt that i'll be able to completely finish the Engine model by monday like i originally planned, I should be able to finish the model and textures within a week if I eschew sleep for a few days.

I will also continue to research the interior of trains, but I want to step away from the interior for a bit and get back to doing some modeling. 3-D seems to be a dance between all the different aspects...sometimes modeling, sometimes uv'ing, sometimes texturing...much in the same way that painters handle the entire canvas. Hmm, saying that makes me think that I approached texturing the interior in the wrong way. Perhaps I was focusing too much on individual elements at a time as opposed to looking at how it would all fit together in the end...though i guess it all fit together, just looked like a run down barn.

Other than that, I am going to contact someone this weekend to see if arena.net offers remote internships. If it does, I plan on sending my resume and a finalized demo reel to them within the next week or two. If they don't offer remotely, then I am going to try out companies like running pony and enigma games. But within the next week or two I plan on having enough new models/animations to add some good 3-d work to my demo reel.

I'll see y'all on Tuesday...unless someone random is reading this...then i'll see you at some random time at some random location...i'll be the one in the random clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment